Friday, June 01, 2007

Low-Carb Increases CRP?

Last month the Journal of the American College of Nutrition published a study, Low Carbohydrate, High Fat Diet Increases C-Reactive Protein during Weight Loss, that I'd set aside to write about when time permits.

I'm also a strong believer in not re-inventing the wheel, so when someone else writes a good analysis, I'm inclined to point you in that direction rather than repeat what's been already said.

Cassandra Forsythe is a PhD Fellow at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, and works with Dr. Jeff Volek; her studies include exercise and nutrition.

Her blog is Female Fitness and Nutrition Scientist, and yesterday she posted her analysis of the study and its findings.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 AM

    Regina,
    Again, thanks so much for directing me (and I'm sure plenty of others just like myself) to Cassandra's blog--I found the information easy to access and easy to read (like someone else I know!;-))
    Peace of mind when following a diet like I'm trying to follow is priceless! And you provide good information!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this very interesting link. I hope that Cassandra Forsythe will continue to post blog entries of such quality.

    It's particularly nice to see someone coming out of the academic nutrition world who is not completely blinded by the low fat religious outlook. Perhaps the battleship is starting to turn around!

    And while I'm here, thank YOU for the good work you do!

    --Jenny from http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. And while I'm here, thank YOU for the good work you do!

    --Jenny from http://diabetesupdate.blogspot.com


    Mutual admiration - back at ya! =)

    ReplyDelete