Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Fat Man Walking

I came across an interesting story yesterday. It seems a 39-year-old man, Steve Vaught, is unhappy about his weight and has decided to take measures into his own hands to lose the weight. His solution is rather novel - he's walking across the United States!

He writes on his site, The Fat Man Walking, that I am going to walk across the United states from San Diego to NYC to lose weight and regain my life!

I hope to remind people like me, that we each have the strength and ability to do anything we want. Losing weight is a choice the same as continuing to exist in this terrible condition is a choice. I have decided to live! It really is a simple decision when you think about it.

His wife is keeping his website updated as he makes his way across the country with a map detailing his route, pictures from his travels and information about how his journey is progressing. He started his walk on April 10th from Oceanside and as of today is almost to Winslow, Arizona.

1 comment:

  1. >>>>Not too long ago some guy did something similar by going across the country in a segway, but that wouldn't exactly help you lose any weight!<<<<

    Personally I think modifying poor eating habits would do a lot more than just walking across the US, especially if he's eating junky food along the way, ya know?

    ReplyDelete